ThermaSolutions is a leading productivity company providing high quality, low user cost, portable software tools to the construction, heating and renewable energy sectors that save you time and money.Find out more »
In using the latest in technology every ThermaSolutions tool can be used both on and off-line, providing true portability within the workplace even with no internet connection when on location.Find out more »
Creating a ‘paper to pocket’ design concept all tools incorporate the latest British Standards and can be used in any environment including all desktop PC’s and any mobile or tablet device effectively.Find out more »
6 fantastic apps to save you time and money
Working to the extensive design principles in the ‘Domestic Heating Design Guide’ (published by The Building Services Panel), ThermaCalc is the 1st and only mobile tool that gives instant answers to the most important factors when designing any central heating system:
Powerful background calculations now take the hard work away, including ‘Exposed Locations’, ‘High Ceiling Factors’, ‘Intermittent Heating’, ‘Thermal Bridging’, ‘Open Flues’, ‘Ventilation Heat Losses’ and Party Wall temperature differences , to name a few.
- The ‘Design Heat Load’ - for boiler sizing
- The ‘Radiator Required From A Catalogue’ - for radiator / heat emitter sizing
- 15 Domestic and 11 Non-Domestic Room Types
- 49 Wall cross sectional diagrams including Natural Stone, Sandstone, Granite, Brick
- 26 Ceiling and Roofing types ranging from Pitched, Flat Roofs with Loft Hatches and Glazing, through to ‘Green Roofs’ with Sedum and Slab Insulation
- 15 Flooring types ranging from older properties with no insulation, through to specialist Underfloor Heating (UFH) constructions
- 11 Window designs from Single Metal Frame through to Argon Filled Tripled Glazed Adjustable fields allow for calculations to be made on Heat Pump and Underfloor Heating installations – watch our tutorial for more.
Working to the acclaimed ‘Solar Thermal Design & Installation Guide’ (published by The Building Services Panel), SolarCalc is a market leading mobile solar thermal design tool, providing almost everything an installer needs to know without having to leave site.
Only 15 fields to complete, entire solar systems can now be designed in less than a minute!.
- Standard, Flat Plate and Evacuated Tube Panel Sizes (m²)
- Annual Solar Input (kWh)
- Twin Coil and Buffer Tank Cylinder Volumes (Litres)
- Installation Pipework Diameter (mm)
- Expansion Vessel Size (Litres)
- Expansion Vessel Pressure Settings (Bar)
- Glycol Content (Litres)
An essential tool for anyone involved in domestic and non-domestic hot water storage installation and repair work. Lets you precisely calculate the heat energy (kW) required from a central heating system / boiler to sufficiently heat the required daily volume of hot water consumption in a property, within your specified recovery time.
A handy pop-up reference table from British Standards 8558:2011 (formerly BS 6700) provides guidance on cylinder volumes.
Interchangeable fields let you adjust:
- Cylinder and Storage Volumes (litres),
- Recovery times (minutes),
- Incoming Mains Supply temperatures (°C).
- Estimates for non domestic and commercial environments including: Hair Dressers, Washing Machines, Baths, Hand Washing inc. spray taps, Showering and Kitchens.
Use with ThermaCalc to complete a central heating system design. Watch our tutorials for more
Free and perfect for the professional installer on the move. Providing 3 easy calculations to the 3 most important factors for diagnosing faults as well as deciding which modern combination water heater boiler to choose. Essential for problem solving on site.
- Flow Rate (the speed of hot water from the tap),
- Temperature Rise (The difference in temperature between the incoming cold water mains and that from the hot water tap outlet),
- Boiler Output (The useful energy produced by the boiler for hot water production)
Watch our tutorials for more
Payback & Estimator
A bespoke itemised cost sheet for accurate estimations of Solar Thermal projects. Includes a list of all likely Materials, Services, and Government Taxes, or customise and add your own.
With one click of a button this handy tool takes previously ‘known data’ from saved ‘SolarCalc’ reports and fills in fields on your behalf.
- Email ‘with costs’ e.g. to your employer or customer detailing the work involved
- Email ‘without costs’ e.g. to your merchant or supplier for an immediate reply quotation.
- FREE to all SolarCalc subscribers
Payback enables installers to complete their RHI applications in seconds. Complying with the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and MIS 3001.
With only 6 fields to fill in, Payback completes your Solar Thermal project.
- Annual Fuel Savings
- Government Contributions
- Annual Energy Savings
- Exact year when the Solar Thermal project will be paid back (added value for customer)
- FREE to all SolarCalc subscribers
Quoting for work on the move has never been easier.
Market leading programs, keeping you ahead of the market.
Test Centre is a unique teaching aid exclusive to ThermaSolutions that quickly delivers students the required workplace knowledge through an interface that’s visual, engaging and informative.
Learn how to correctly calculate:
- A ‘Room Heat Loss’ for radiator and boiler sizing, using floor plans taken from a real property
- Domestic and Commercial Hot Water Cylinder sizing from actual workplace scenarios.
- Solar Thermal Panel & Cylinder sizing
Start by printing off your chosen test scenarios or by projecting them direct to the room. Then begin the test with a written paper calculation (answers provided). Set your own test time, and finish off the session with an engaging ThermaCalc, AquaCalc or SolarCalc report to complete the assessment.
Unlimited access to all programmes and video tutorials.
Please note: Applications are limited to Schools, Colleges and Authorised Centres involved in the accredited training of students and professionals only.